Videos have multiple uses in today’s world. It is an effective tool for promotions, corporate presentations, learning applications, and news articles. However, one issue faced by video creators and users is that video files are available in various formats today. Different devices support different video formats. So it has become a necessity to convert one video format to another to suit the devices on which it is played. AVI, MPG, VOB, MOV, WMV, MP4, MKV, and AMV are some of the popular video formats. There are many video converter software available in the market to enable users to convert files from one format to another. Some of the Best Video Converter software products are discussed below:
WinX HD video converter is a very popular software across the globe with more than 180 million users. One of the focus areas of this software is GPU accelerated 4-K video converting. The software helps in converting, re-sizing, cutting, merging, and downloading videos easily. It supports a large range of formats across, desktops, and mobile platforms. It runs on both Windows and Mac software.
Some of the key features are:
- Convert 4K/HD videos to MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP3, etc.
- GPU-accelerated video format conversion.
- Compress large 4K video file size.
- Edit video files in the program.
- Extract audio and snapshot from the video.
- Create a photo slideshow.
Pricing: The free trial version is available in addition to the full licensed version. The full version is available from US$ 29.95 onwards. More information at https://www.winxdvd.com/hd-video-converter-deluxe/buy.htm
Digiarty Software is the developer of VideoProc, which developed WinX. While there are similarities between these software packages, there are differences as well. Full hardware acceleration and online live recording are some of the key special features available in VideoProc. It is often marketed as the top fast video processing software and the only full GPU accelerated video software.
Some of the key features are:
- Process 4K/HD Videos from iPhone, GoPro, DJI, Cameras
- Stabilize Video
- Fix Fisheye
- Remove Noise
- Turn video into GIF, extract jpg/png from video, resize the image.
- Watermark your video with text, logo, image, or timecode.
- Pass through video streams into MKV with no encoding.
- Build M3U8 playlist with single or multiple .ts files for HTTP streaming.
- Force a/v sync, adjust playback speed and audio volume.
Pricing: Free trial version is available. The full version is available from US$ 29.95 onwards.
More information at https://www.videoproc.com/buy.htm
3. NCH Prism
Prism is a multi-format video converter from NCH Software. It supports a wide range of video formats. Faster speeds and higher quality outputs are some of its advantages. The software works both on Windows and Mac operating systems. Batch conversion of files is also possible with Prism. Some of its key features are:
- Convert video to all popular video file formats including, ASF MPG, WMV, MP4, AVI, VOB, and many more.
- Add video special effects
- Easily convert DVDs to digital files with just a few mouse clicks.
- Trim or Split your videos
- Convert videos for YouTube
- Shrink video file size
- You can convert single or batch files
- Set a specific size for output files
- It supports HD to high compression for shorter files
- Adjust resolution and frame rate
- Set compression and encoder rates
- Allows users to view and convert ISO files content without necessarily having to extract them
Pricing: Non-commercial version is available free of cost with limited features. The commercial version is available from US$ 1.94 per month onwards.
More details at https://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html
Any Video Converter converts video files between many formats. It supports a variety of devices such as mobile devices, desktops, Sony PlayStations, etc. It can be used to download videos from YouTube and other social media channels. Burning video to DVDs and edits is easy with AVC.
Some of the key features include:
- Any Video Converter supports a wide range of video formats
- It provides a list of devices that you can pick from
- Videos can be converted to not only other video file formats but also audio file formats
- Multiple videos can be merged and converted to a single file
- Supports converting YouTube videos directly from the website
- A built-in editor
- A Play Video tab that functions as a regular video player.
- The DVD burning feature lets you burn videos to a disc
- DVDs can be converted
Pricing: There is a free version of the software. The Ultimate version is available from US$ 49.95 onwards.
More information at https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_ultimate/
Freemake video converter can convert More than 500 video formats. 100 million+ users are using this software for video conversion purposes. One of its advantages is that it is flexible across any type of gadget. It has won more than 500 awards from various agencies in the last 10 years. Some of the features include the following:
- Convert 4K and Full HD online
- Cut, join, and rotate clips
- Embed video to websites online
- Convert movies with subtitles
- Upload clips to YouTube
- Easy to use and fast
- Fine-tuned across any device and OS
Pricing: The software available free of cost. More information at https://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
It is an open-source video converter. Handbrake converts video files between most of the video formats. It supports multiple platforms such as Windows Mac, Linux, etc. It has a simple and easy-to-use interface, which is one of its advantages. The software is fast in the video conversion process. Handbrake can process all the DVD/Blu-ray discs, which have no copy protection.
Some of the features include the following:
- Title/chapter and range selection
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Static and Video Preview
Pricing: The software is available free of cost. More information at https://handbrake.fr/
DivX converts between most of the popular video formats. The interface is very user-friendly and is easy to use. Adding files from a local drive is supported in the software along with Google Drive and Dropbox. The software offers a lot of customization options for editing files.
Some of the key features include the following:
- Convert a range of video files to/from the cloud
- Transcode video on your terms
- Advanced audio features
- You can maximize quality or prioritize speed.
- Customize your workflow
- Back up your DVDs.
- Access to local disk and Google Drive and Dropbox
- Faster and high-quality file conversion
Pricing: There is a free version, which works well. There is also a paid premium version of DivX Pro which is available at INR 1,694.74. More information at https://store.divx.com/671/purl-divxpro
AVS Video Converter converts most of the video formats. It is free software, which makes it more attractive to users. It is compatible across a range of devices as well. Batch conversion mode is available for converting a group of files at once. It has a simple and appealing user interface, which makes navigation easier. Some of the salient features include:
- Convert All Key Video Formats
- Manage HD-Camera Videos
- Speed up video conversion with GPU
- Convert Video for Various Devices
- Presets for New Generation Devices
- Create Personal DVD/Blu-ray Videos
- Use Command Line Mode
- Convert & Share Your Videos on Web
- Multilingual Support
Pricing: The video converter is available free of cost. More information at https://www.avs4you.com/avs-free-video-converter.aspx
HD Video Converter Factory software is from WoderFox Soft. The software can be used to convert HD videos to 500+ formats. It helps in converting, editing, encoding, and recording files among other solutions. The video encoding technology used is exclusive to WonderFox and gives good quality output files. The user interface is well laid out and easy to use. Many leading technology editors worldwide recommend it.
Some of the important features are:
- The tool supports over 300 device, audio, and video formats
- Converts Video to Fit Your Device
- It comes with sophisticated HD video conversion technology that helps to convert videos from SD to HD formats like HD MKV, HD AVI, HD MP4, etc.
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- Provides Fast Performance
- Screen Recorder
- Audio Converter
- Batch Support
- Volume Tweaker
- Video Uploader
- Video Editor
- Online Video Downloader
- Compress Video
- GIF Maker
- Subtitle Extractor
Pricing: The full version HD Video Converter Factory Pro, is available at US$ 29.95 onwards for a one-year subscription. More information at https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/video-converter/buy.html
The Free Video Converter by DVDVideoSoft is specifically targeted at Windows-based devices. It is free software and converts most of the video formats. It converts any video format to MP4, which is most commonly used today. The interface is simple and easy to use. The output files give very high quality and there are more than 20 million installs done for this software so far.
Some of the key features are:
- Set of output options (MP4, AVI, MPEG, and MP3 are available)
- Clean and uncluttered interface.
- Batch conversion
- Clear interface
- Fast processing
- Merge several clips into a single file while they are converted.
Pricing: The software is available free of cost. More information is available at https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-DVD-Video-Converter.htm
Best Video Converters are just above
Though there are many best video converters available around us, we have chosen some based on certain parameters which we thought the best suitable at any time. We will try to keep adding the rest based on further research and reviews in the coming days. As you can see both paid and free are explained above, to make your selection more convenient. We have also bullet-pointed maximum features as possible. The rest can be found with the links provided along with.
WinX HD and VideoProc remained our favorite choice all the time due to their features, reliability & support system. They are also a long-time player in the market. And AVS Video Converter and DVD Video Soft are the best among Free ones.
Also, read some of the interesting articles:
- Image/Photo Editors with Background Remover in 2021
- Edit your Audio Files with Best Audio Editors
- Best Media Players for Windows 2021
- Get Best Paid and Free Antivirus Software for your device
- Store your files with best CD Burning Software applications